Wednesday, November 13, 2013

FB "thankful" status

I haven't done my "I am thankful for" status' this November on my FB page. I'm going to throw it all in 1 blog. This year, I am including 33 things I am thankful for.. that is, 33 things I have learned to be thankful for from my 33 residents I have. I have learned SO much over the last month, and I am so blessed. I love what I do as a career and hope I make a difference in my residents lives.
In no particular order, here is what I am thankful for:
The privilege of waking up in my own bed every morning.
The ability to use my legs! to walk the dog, run with my kids...
The ability to cook and taste amazing food.
Having a living spouse I can hug/kiss/yell at every day.
Being able to sit on my own couch and veg out.
Not having to wait on someone else to get me up and moving every morning.
Having good "strong" muscles even though they hurt sometimes they work!
Being free from disease.
Not having to take 10 different types of medication with 20 different possible side effects.
Being able to work.
Being able to go home.
privacy!
A clean bathroom.
Being able to take a bath and relax!
The ability to breath without struggling/machines/treatments.
Fresh air!
Having clean nails that I am able to care for myself.
Knowing My teeth with be brushed 2x a day because I can clean them myself!
Being able to get myself a drink if I am thirsty!
Good skin free of break downs.
Clean clothes.
The ability to make my needs known because I can just say what I need to say!
Silence when I need it.
Laughter when I need it.
A place to go when I want to be alone that does not involve a curtain separating the room.
A warm plate of food!
having my hair brushed and styled every day.
Having pets
Being able to eat dinner at a table with my family
Weekends that feel like weekends.
Ability to drive a car.
Grocery shopping to buy my favorite foods.
having someone to talk to every single day.





No comments:

Post a Comment